TeamCMP is Looking for a talented PHP Developer to join our growing tech team!
We work with the most trendy technologies such as: Amazon Web Services, Kubernetes, Docker, using microcomponents and third-party APIs, and following best practices (SOLID, Domain-Driven-Design,...) and new trends in app developments.
If you are looking for an old-fashioned monolith monster, you're most likely going to be disappointed. Learning and practicing new methods are welcomed, like the full CI approach we have recently adopted.
Just as important, we love to have fun. You'll find us playing our favorite PS game (RocketLeague) almost daily or getting to know other colleagues by going out to eat once a week. If you don't like something, shoot us. No really, we have nerf guns we regularly use (often during code reviews) and we're not shy about voicing our opinions. We work as a team and encourage opinions.
Our team currently includes 15 people, from different countries, who look forward to getting to know you. We hope you're excited too!
- Maintain, develop, and add new features to our product
- Modernize and improve existing code using a DDD approach
- Break and extract new components from monolithic applications
- Triage, diagnose, and solve high traffic production system software problems
- Advise on issues for improving performance and scalability
- Develop unit, functional, and integration tests
- Be involved throughout the full lifecycle development process
- Learn (and teach) from colleagues through pair programming, code reviews, and weekly tech meetings
- Documenting existing systems/components
- 1+ years production level PHP experience
- Basic knowledge and practice of Object Oriented Design patterns and principles
- Experience writing and optimising complex SQL
- Experience using GIT
- Experience using Unix environments
- Business Level English: all spoken and written business communications are in English
Would big plus if you have:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or any similar educational background
- Expertise in at least one of the big PHP frameworks (preferable Symfony or Laravel)
- Experience writing tests: unit, integration, functional
- Familiarity with cache systems (Redis, Memcache)
- Experience using Docker containers
- Experience refactoring code and writing software tests
- Competitive compensation packages based on experience, skills, and the job market
- Private health and dental insurance plans for employees and their families
- Top notch equipment (iMac or Macbook; plus an extra display)
- Flexible working hours (7,5 hours/day)
- Permanent contract
- Gym membership sponsored
- Flexible national holiday schedule – design your own working calendar
- Free English, Spanish, and Catalan classes
- Employee’s choice for up to one week of conference or training sessions per year – time off and costs covered by the company
- Plenty of parties and events allowing you to get to know and feel like part of the team: BBQs on our terrace, weekly Friday Beers&Pizza, Halloween Party, etc
- The possibility of traveling (we have offices in New York)
- Regular “freestyle” days – time to get creative or choose what you want to learn, separate from ongoing task
- Big sunny terrace to work, relax, and play as well as a generous assortment of drinks, snacks and fresh fruits
- Attractive employee referral program
- Company sponsored events: industry meetups annual Summer company-wide retreat (e.g. Sardinia September 2016, Portugal 2017, Mexico 2018); Winter office ski trips
- Multi-disciplinary teams
- Basket and Soccer league sponsored
- PS4, Xbox, Futbolín, and ping pong table
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!